Thursday, December 8, 2016

Conclusion

These blog posts have really helped me understand the purpose of this class’s key terms as each post individually explores an aspect of it. These posts helped me understand the capability food can have in delivering a message whether it be on a small scale or a large scale. Additionally, the posts allowed me to dissect media and perform a high quality analysis on the use of various film related instruments. At the beginning of the semester I struggled with revisions. I didn’t make grand enough changes to truly improve the overall post and often felt intimidated to completely disregard parts of a post in fear that it would change the message of the overall writing. However, I think I’ve become more adept at making these changes, especially in my Fancy Restaurant vs. experience post. I completely erased the first paragraph and instead added a more coherent introduction that would follow the organization of the post, “All my life, any important holiday, event, or birthday was commemorated with a fantastic meal”. Additionally, I tried to improve my grammar in these revisions as grammar was another weakness of mine as a writer. I tried to improve the coherency and relation of paragraphs in my posts to create a well flowing essay. I did this in my Trying New Food post where I struggled with connecting my two ideas, I added, However, it does showcase how consumerism affects food nationwide in terms of quality of food”. Most importantly, I’ve realized that revisions are a meticulous process that may never feel complete but are essential to improving myself as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment