Thursday, December 8, 2016

Revised Home Sweet Home Pie

Chocolate. 
No food speaks to me more than chocolate does. Creamy, sweet, and satisfying; how could it not be my favorite food?
My pie would have a graham cracker crust and a dark chocolate coating over the bottom. The crust represents my family. They are the foundation of my growth and development into a young adult. They are my support when I doubt myself, and just as a crust holds the filling, they have constantly lifted me up in times of hardship. Without a crust, a pie wouldn’t be a pie. It would have no contrast to its creamy filling.
 Dark chocolate represents the richness and joy of being home but the bitterness contrasts it by showcasing the sadness of my time at home being limited. The next layer would be a milk chocolate pudding with a hint of coffee bean, sweet, creamy and comforting. Being at home represents these feelings and how comfortable I am being home. However, the bitter taste of the coffee would portray the sadness of leaving home.
 On top, I would sprinkle sea salt and pretzels. The contrast to all the sweet chocolate in my pie shows the craziness of my family in contrast to our harmony. All the members in my family provide a loving and supportive system but all our different, outgoing personalities always generate insanity. Between my sister and dad fighting, and my brother making fun of me and my sister, peace and quiet is hard to come by. But, just like my delicious pie, I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

 http://foodfeelingsandfilm.blogspot.com/2016/11/home-sweet-home-pie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment