Sunday, November 27, 2016

Home Sweet Home Pie Reflection

             I think I would change the grammatical errors in my piece if I revised, “sweet creamy and comforting”. I would add more to the post; I would talk more about the crust. I think if I described how the crust related to my family in how they are the foundation to my growth and development as an adult it would add to the post. Especially if I described the crust as being different by having Arab and South African spices in it as it would represent me culturally as well. I would tie in my mother more into the description of the pie as she has been one of the greatest and most influential roles in my life.
Also, I would describe the basic ingredients that went into the pie, like eggs, sugar, milk. Those ingredients could tie into how my family and home have been fundamental to who I have become. Additionally, given the opportunity to rewrite the post, I would add a bitter aspect to the pie. This bitter aftertaste would represent leaving home and how as sweet, welcoming, warm, and comforting home is, I have to leave eventually.
 I would provide more details highlighting the most important aspects of the pie in how it potrays my family. “The contrast to all the sweet chocolate in my pie shows the craziness of my family.” I would add how the complementing flavors emphasized the importance and differences of my family to me. I could not be more thankful for them or chocolate.
I would also work on my grammar. I’ve found that grammar has been a weakness for me this semester. I think I will definitely work to improve that as it is fundamental not only in improving this essay but in improving my writing overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment