Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Free Write: Reflection on writing a summary



         One of the most difficult parts of writing a summary was deciding which parts were important enough to put in the summary and which parts to leave out. In some cases, I felt like I was being really general about some information but if I could include more detail I would be too specific so it was difficult to navigate between finding a balance. It took me about an hour to write the summary including the reading of the story. I did not take notes and I would definitely consider taking notes next time. I think with shorter pieces it’s okay to forgo taking notes and simply write the summary because it’s easier to retain the information in the passage but seeing as this article was quite lengthy it would have been beneficial for me to write notes to maintain my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment